09 April 2018 / Club News

Bynea 7/4/2018

BYNEA    15      LLANDYBIE   13

With Bynea fielding a very big pack and Llandybie having a number of players unavailable, they had to make a lot of changes. The match was competitive from the off with Llandybie matching the physicality of the hosts. A good dummy by full back Alex Wigley gave winger Johnny Harris some space but the cover made the tackle.  With Llandybie again on the attack the referee completely missed an off the ball tackle and the Bynea centre picked up the loose ball to run in from forty yards. A good scrum by the visitors yielded a penalty and Aled Tommason struck the points from fully forty five yards. Bynea on the attack and Llandybie’s defence was tested but stayed firm with tackles from Dan Brooks, Dai Lloyd and Merlyn McClelland. The visitors pushed forward again and fly half Richard Davies was high tackled with Bynea player yellow carded. From the scrum Leighton Rees got his backs moving with Harris coming into the line and offloading to Wigley who gave centre Rhys Evans space to canter in from the twenty two, Tommason converted to lead 10 -5. Good carries by Lyndon Davies, back from injury, Nathaniel Butler and McClelland  forced Bynea into giving away another penalty and Tommason struck it well.  Eirian Williams  saw yellow for coming in from the side and Harris was also carded for not releasing. Bynea piled on the pressure and managed to score a try with a pick and drive. Bynea saw yellow for stamping, which should have been red. Half time arrived with the visitors leading 13 – 10.

The second half was nip and tuck but Bynea scored again with a driving maul.  Llandybie tried to play the ball wide and almost got through on two occasions. Bynea infringed again but Tommason pulled his kick just wide. James Tommason was excellent in the lineout taking four catches on Bynea throw ins. The bigger Bynea forwards were met with good tackles from Rhydian Jones, Butler, Williams and  Davies. Rhys Evans picked up an ankle injury with Harris moving to centre and Josh Cranfield coming on to the wing. Hard carries by Keenan Jones and Cranfield kept the visitors going forward . With time running out Llandybie moved the ball and Richard Davies fired a long pass just too low for Cranfield to gather and the chance was gone. Another loss but a fine performance from the Llandybie boys.

There doesn't appear to be any tagged photos.

Upload and Tag Photos

You must be signed in to add comments