16 October 2017 / Club News

Match report - Trimsaran vs Llandybie 14/10/17

Mtch report by Charles Cann


Trimsaran started the match at 100 miles an hour, throwing the ball wide trying to unsettle Llandybie. With some quick backs the hosts tested the defence of the visitors with some good attacking play. Llandybie’s defensive line was  up quickly however and smothered the attacks. The first quarter flew past and Llandybie had weathered the storm and started to make inroads into the Trimsaran twenty two. A penalty for the visitors was missed by Aled Tommason and Trimsaran broke free down the left but left winger Alex Wigley had seen the danger and came across from his wing to make a saving tackle.  From the resultant scrum in their twenty two  scrumhalf Richard Davies threw the ball wide. Full back Dafydd Nicholas came into the line to accelerate between two defenders, finding Wigley in support and he made good ground to find captain and number eight Rhydian Jones at his shoulder, having made a lung bursting sprint to support, to crash over for the first score, one of the best tries seen for many a day, converted by Tommason.  Llandybie had nasty injuries to Nathaniel Butler who played on gamely and Johnny Harris with concussion, to be replaced by winger Rhydian Jones. Another good run by Wigley with a grubber kick ahead took Llandybie within ten yards of the whitewash, but Trimsaran’s defence cleared.   Two penalties for offside brought Trimaran to within a point. Half time  6 -7.                                                                           In the second period winger Rhydian Jones burst through the middle with Alex Comey in support and with good recycling Lee Davies threw a long pass to put Alex Wigley in at the corner. Second row Daniel Wigley was keeping the home defence honest with good surges down the middle but the hosts struck back with a good try . Merlyn McClelland, Jones and Butler were busy in defence and Llandybie’s front row  Dai Lloyd, Dan Brooks and Keenan Jones were giving problems to Trimsaran’s scrum. A huge touch finder from Lee Davies took the visitors into the hosts twenty two after a good chase by winger Jones. Comey was replaced by Mike Tench. From the line out Davies moved the ball to Lee Davies who popped a pass to Butler coming at speed to find the gap and score a good try converted by Tommason to lead  19 points to 11. With their tails up Llandybie turned the screw and centre Rhys Evans crashed over in the left hand corner to increase the visitors lead and gain the bonus point try.  The hosts were not finished and with Llandybie  a man down after a yellow card scored a good forward try when Llandybie momentarily lost their shape. Llandybie gained a penalty from good forward drive in the scrum but Tommason fired wide. Trimsaran came again and with time running out opted for a kick at goal to give them a losing bonus point. Llandybie not at their best particularly in the line out but with a good Trimsaran side pushing them all the way ground out a hard fought win to remain unbeaten in the league.

There doesn't appear to be any tagged photos.

Upload and Tag Photos

You must be signed in to add comments